Here.
Well, I made it, safe and sound back through the borders of the good ole USA! And after visiting 7 airports within 40 hours, I am also thankful to declare that I made it still in one piece. I was greeted by a most warming welcome-home team that included Mom, Dad, Cousin Ben, Amy, Ellen, Preben, Noah annnnd, our newest addition, baby Liam! What a way to enter back into a world that hours before seemed so far away...
But There..
Wrapping up my time in Dhaka included a smothering of love and goodbye events from dear friends that was at times overwhelming, but treasured. Here are some snapshots of the last month I spent soaking in my experience, and my memories.
Manna, Bitan and Lucky
Here we have a wonderful family that does good things for this world. This fun night, Manna and Bitan enjoyed some delicious Mövenpick icecream at Pizza Inn, the local pizza joint.
Jenny, Rock, Ruth and me
Hosted for dinner by the Mitra family, here you will find us gals and Rock enjoying the time immensely. Not to mention how much we also enjoyed the food; Mrs. Mitra is one mighty fine Bangladeshi cook!
Tury, Alpona, Ruth and me
Girls night! After celebrating Alpona's wedding shower, we continued the fun with your traditional pajama party at my flat. The evening included late night snacks and sharing, and some girl love and laughter too, of course. :) (Don't worry, there were more places for them to sleep!)
Jenny and me
Jenny was also present for girls night, but opted out of the bed photo so we snagged one together amongst the girl chatter. Love her.
Zoe and me
A most precious baby, this is Jenny's niece who I got to visit at her mother's village just outside of Dhaka. Baby Zoe will be so loved and prayed over that she shall remain in safe hands her entire life. She lost her daddy before she even came into the world, so please continue to pray for her and her family. I am so blessed I was able to meet her before I left.
Ruth and me
Time with my dearest Ruth, at BNT, a Turkish restaurant in Uttara.




Time with my dearest Ruth, at BNT, a Turkish restaurant in Uttara.
Ruth, Jones and me
Here you will find the world's most dynamic party planning committee, and a dear support group for me while I stayed in Dhaka. This photo finds us making memories even while simply riding a CNG in the cold weather.
Mary, Steve and me
Here are the best neighbors one could ask for! They hosted a farewell gathering at their place for me. I am so thankful for these two!
Smita and me
My beautiful Bangla teacher and beautiful friend, Smita, showed me to the airport to bid farewell, which made things simultaneously easier, and harder.

No comments:
Post a Comment