Adventures in Asia

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vaccinations..

and other preparation.

Going today to receive my second-to-last vaccination in a series for the Hepatitis B virus. This will be my fourth vaccine overall in preparation for this trip, and I still have one more to go. I am literally that baby in the image below (well, except I am not a baby..I am also not bald). I am relieved I do not mind shots! And these actually make me excited knowing that it is simply a part of the process of making myself ready for my time in Bangladesh.



Please pray that I continue to successfully prepare in all of the other necessary ways for this trip. I need the Lord's Peace and guidance in many of the last minute details that must get done, and I also want to also be able to enjoy these last days with dear family and friends. In addition, I want to be ready mentally and spiritually for this process. I have been so grateful to receive a tremendous amount of support from people of all walks of my life and feel blessed to have a team of encouragers behind me already. It is humbling and confirming in so many ways.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

5 comments:

  1. hahaha...i love that the shots are still in the baby...nice.
    PS I like your Garfield sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are almost ready and I'm ready for the updates. Just put this new blog spot in my easy access family blog folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted the above comment at 10:37 AM our time but the posted time was 3 hours earlier. So this blog must use Bangladesh time. Is that right? So smart

    ReplyDelete